The Difficult Airway Course: EMS
Next Class Is
THE DEFINITIVE EMS AIRWAY COURSE
- Learn the full range of airway management techniques — including use of video laryngoscopes & other advanced imaging devices, extraglottic devices, drug-assisted intubation and cricothyrotomy.
- Work with expert faculty who know the unique challenges facing EMS providers.
- Use proven airway devices in small group sessions.
- Practice decision-making and airway techniques in Code AirwayTM simulations.
- Face the most challenging patient scenarios in a no-risk environment. These include: elevated ICP, pulmonary edema, cardiogenic shock, status asthmaticus foreign body in the airway, direct airway trauma, multiple trauma with shock, and many more.
DIDACTIC AND HANDS-ON TRAININGE
- Prediction of the Difficult Airway
- Video Laryngoscopy and other advanced imaging devices
- Medication-assisted Intubation (including RSI and RSA)
- Pediatric intubation
- Endotracheal tube introducers (bougie)
- Extraglottic devices
Interactive Instructor Led Lecture, Group Learning Stations, Psychomotor Skills Practicums
Curriculum Provider :
First Airway / The Difficult Airway Course
Continuing Education Credit:
This continuing education activity is approved byFirst Airway, LLC, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE). CAPCE Activity #19-FirstAir-F2-0001. CEH Number and Type: 16.0 Advanced.
16.0 Contact Hours have been provided by the Air & Surface Transport Nurses Association (Certificate #2017-49). ASTNA is an approved provider for the California Board of Registered Nursing CEP 13575.